Recipe of the day: Nigerian plantain porridge




Total time: 36mins                             Yield: 2-3                      Level: Easy
            prep: 6mins
           cook:  30mins


I can vividly remember the first time I made this meal, I was turning the pages of a newspaper and it caught my eye. I had all the ingredients at home so I prepared it. I told my parents to eat it and they really enjoyed it. I used crayfish, ripe plantains and other ingredients which I'll list below. I savored every last morsel of this meal!

On this blog, I have few plantain recipes. Starting from Roasted plantainPlantain chipsPlantain pudding (Nigerian-style)Plantain bread to Baked plantain-potato with egg. I hope to add more in a matter of time. 



    Ingredients




Blend the red scotch bonnet pepper, cut the plantain into chunks, shred the stock fish, cut the the fried beef into bite-size pieces and slice the onion. 

In a medium pot, bleach the palm oil. 

Stir-fry the onion, beef and stock fish in the palm oil for some minutes. 

Add the blended pepper and season to taste. Continue to stir.

Add the plantain chunks and stir. Let it absorb the sauce.

Add the spinach and simmer. You could use basil or efinrin.

Bon appetit!





Feel free to comment and share   
Have a nice day
xoxo
Raheenah

                         


Our Lord, indeed we have heard a caller calling to faith, [saying], 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord, so forgive us our sins and remove from us our misdeeds and cause us to die with the righteous. {Al-Imran 3:193}

2 comments

  1. I cook mine differently. But I would most def try this style out. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete

© Raheenah's Blog. Designed by RaheenahKDesigns.