Recipe of the day: Corned beef shawarma




Total time:
 2hrs40mins             Yield: 10 wraps            Level: Easy
          prep: 15mins
    inactive: 2hrs
         cook: 25mins   


I wanted to use chicken but I picked the wrong can when I went shopping. I got to know when I got home.
I was thinking of making it another day but when I checked the cupboard I saw corned beef so I used it instead and it turned out to be good. Some people use ketchup and yogurt for the mix but I added plain yogurt to it. You have to be careful when folding the bread. If you know how to fold the leaves for bean pudding (moin-moin) then it would be easy. 





    Ingredients
         Marinade




   Tools/Equipment



Some of the ingredients. 

Place the corned beef in a bowl/plate. Add veg.oil and season to taste.

Cover with foil paper and marinate for 2 hours.

Cut and wash the vegetables. Heat up the vegetable oil and fry the sliced tomatoes and onions. Add the marinated corned beef and stir fry for about 6 minutes.

In a plate, mix the plain yogurt, mayonnaise and ketchup.

Oven: Bake the flat bread on 350F for 4 minutes. Fold the bread. Add the mix, corned beef and vegetables. 

Pan: fry the flat bread for about a minute. Spread the mix on the bread. Put the corned beef and vegetables at the end and fold.









Feel free to comment and share
Have a nice day
xoxo
Raheenah





And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous. {Al-Imran 3:133}


Post a Comment

© Raheenah's Blog. Designed by RaheenahKDesigns.